Denton County Sheriff’s Office Request
Over the past few nights, the Denton County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO) has received numerous calls regarding car burglaries. Most if not all these incidents could have been avoided had the cars been locked and valuables not left in plain sight. Please make certain to lock your car and remove any valuables from the vehicle, particularly firearms. If possible, park your car in your garage and lock the door leading from the garage into your residence. Let’s do our part to help prevent these crimes of opportunity. Thanks in advance for helping the DCSO keep us and our community safe.
Denton County Fresh Water Supply District # 6 and # 7 offices are closed until further notice
Please use the drop box for payments and New Water Service applications. The new water applications can be found at www.lantanatx.org All Denton County Fresh Water Supply District # 6 and # 7 business will be conducted online or by email. All Emergency Services contact information is below. The Districts will continue to evaluate operations and any recommendations by public health officials. Any extension of the Districts closures will be communicated through the District’s website.
Emergency Phone Number is 940-728-5050.
Updated March 20, 2020 11:55 am
The health and safety of our Community is important to all of us. For that reason, the following guidelines will be in place at Lantana's District Offices and related meetings.
• If you have traveled out of the state or country in the last two weeks, please do not enter these offices. Use the drop slot for utility payments or call the office at 940-728-5050 if you need to speak to District staff.
• If you have been sick or have any cold/flu symptoms, please do not enter the District Offices.
• Please do not handshake or hug at our meetings. It's time for the elbow bump.
• Please use the hand sanitizer in the lobby upon entering the District Offices. Better yet, please wash your hands when you arrive.
• Please keep a safe distance from your neighbor and observe personal space. Keep a minimum of 3' or 6' (recommended) from persons you interact with.
• Please exercise these guidelines in your daily routine as well until this virus outbreak is under control.
Lantana District Personnel
- Employees are prohibited from meeting in groups of 10 or more.
- Employees should refrain from having lunch together or sharing food.
- Employees shall work individually if possibly.
- Projects requiring two or more employees to complete shall be delayed unless deemed an emergency.
- Avoid interaction with other contractors and residents if possible and if interaction is essential, do so by telephone conversation if possible, otherwise keep a safe distance of not less than 6’.
- Always keep hand sanitizer in your vehicle and office and use each time you touch a foreign surface.
- Wash hands regularly and vigilantly.
- Avoid entering occupied residences if at all possible and if you must enter, keep a safe distance from habitants, don’t touch any surfaces other than what is necessary to perform the function you are there for and wash your hands immediately upon departing the residence.
- Office personnel should avoid contact with customers. Leave the glass door closed and explain it is for their safety as well as ours.
- Ask customers to use the drop box and leave checks in the box for up to 24 hours minimum. Permit applications should be placed in a box in the lobby which will be emptied the following morning.
- Refrain from touching your eyes nose mouth or face.
- Wash your hands regularly and wipe down common surfaces a minimum of 3 times per day with Clorox wipes or a suitable disinfectant.
- Exercise commonsense, stay smart and stay healthy.
Let’s do our part to stop the spread of this virus so we can resume our normal daily routines as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we take everyone's health and safety seriously.
Thanks for your understanding and assistance in eliminating this virus outbreak.March 17,2020