Update from Republic Services
Please note at this time we are not making any changes to your regular service.
We do need some help from you to communicate with residents the following information:
- All waste MUST be bagged or containerized to ensure the safety of our employees.
- As people are isolating at home, the amount of debris going to the curb is increasing and increasingly delaying our routes. If this continues to increase we will have to make adjustments to what can be collected as solid waste is our primary concern for the health and safety of our communities.
- Recycling contamination increased by 20% last week. While we are doing everything possible to keep up, our processing costs have significantly increased due to contamination.
In the event we need to make any changes to service we will notify you as soon as possible so that you can communicate with your residents. Some of those options could be:
- Suspending clean-ups
- Suspending brush collection
- Suspending bulk collection
- Having to landfill recyclable material – based on contamination or CDC guidelines
Please know that we are all in this together and do not want to limit service, but these are uncharted times and we MUST keep our employees and communities safe.
Republic Services: 800-333-7301
Solid Waste / Recycle
- Solid waste pick-up will be curbside, on Tuesday and Friday in the blue 95-gallon carts provided by Republic Services.
- Recycle pick-up will be curbside on Thursday in the green 54-gallon carts provided by Republic Services.
- Bulky items collection is twice per week on Tuesday and Friday. Up to 2 cubic yards approximately 3′ x 3′ x 6′ per collection. Brush must be cut to 4′ lengths and tied in bundles. Furniture, boxes, and other household items too big to fit inside your cart, and construction debris (generated from your residence only) will also be collected. Non compactibles like brick, concrete, dirt, composition shingles, etc. must be placed in containers. Containers and bundles must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Per the ARC guidelines, trash cans may not be taken to the curb before 6:00 pm the night before and must be returned out of site, by 9:00 am the day following pick-up.
- Republic Services customer service phone number is 1-800-333-7301.
Solid Waste and recycle will be $ 21.00 per residence per month.
Solid Waste and recycle will be included in the monthly water bill.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste can be disposed of at the annual Earth Day event.